So I have allergies... I thought I'd left those days in Nacogdoches with swollen watery eyes far behind. But then last year, on our honeymoon, I suffered from them again in Pennsylvania. That was okay though, because I don't live in PA. But this week, when I returned from the library, I noticed that I was sneezing... a lot, and that I'd been sneezing more and more as the day went by.
My first reaction was, "I'm getting sick." It wasn't a surprise to me because I was working around lots of little ones in the library and cleaning up after them. Well, I don't have a cold or flu... but I do still have allergies. I guess that explains why every time I tried to go on my porch and read, my throat would feel funny and I'd have to cough to sooth it. I'm a quick learner.
After two days of the crud, I felt like (and badly needed to) I could go grocery shopping. So I went to Wal-Mart. Now, many of my friends have heard my diatribe on Wal-Mart, but I promise to save that for another day. Anyway, I actually like this one... so there I went with grocery list in hand and feelin' good... well, decent. After about 15 min. there, I started sneezing and my eyes were watering again. Thankfully, I had a package of kleenex that read, "I LOVE YOU, " on them... thank you momma. By the time I got home, I was so exhausted. I rushed to get the cold stuff in the fridge and laid down.
Today, I'm supposed to go back to the library. I admit, I am feeling better than even yesterday. I'm glad because on Tuesday, there were 3 volunteers that had called in sick. I don't want to be a no show today. The volunteer work has been fun and I know they need the extra hands. Guess I'll pack some more kleenex.
Aachooo!... God bless me.

2 comments:
just saying hi and I hope you feel better. I found your blog since you're an Army wife too.
haha yah I remember you. I hope you're feeling better now. thanks for commenting me back!
Post a Comment