Last week was horrible, but I'm back! I feel fantastic, energetic, and just plain happy! Wes and I had a great time on Saturday and we needed it. We finally made it out to this park we'd been planning to since we got here. The day was sunny but not too hot. We were able to go hiking around the lake and I love to hike, especially when it's around water and lots of trees. The one thing I don't like about it, is the thought of walking into spider webs- EEK! So Wes, being the awesome husband that he is, walked in front of me so that he'd walk into all the webs before me. How chivalrous is that?!? I'm tellin' ya, my husband rocks!!!
After we finished the hike, we went canoeing for about an hour. It was so gorgeous, we were in heaven. I mean, I even got to take some pictures of waterlilies! I think it's the only place I've seen these flowers in real life. So after we'd been out for a while, we started smelling grilled food from the different family get-togethers at the park. We started talking about lunch and Wes said, "let's row until I want to eat more than I want to row." Two minutes later he said, "okay, now I want to eat more than I want to row."
We went to lunch, showered, took naps, and then went out for a nice dinner... it was such a great day!
We are also planning to go on a trip Memorial Day weekend. We are really looking forward to it. The trip should include some rafting, which will be a first for me. I'll let you know how that goes!

2 comments:
I think its so cool Wes defended you from spider webs!
Me too! I didn't even ask, he just offered. :D
Post a Comment