
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Bye-Bye, Mr. Squirrel!
Well, looky here... It's been about a month since my last post and complaint about something going wrong in this house and now, here we go again! Actually, this has been an ongoing problem, it's just taken a while to remedy. We caught a mouse in our attic about 3 weeks ago and after that, we kept hearing noises in our attic, which absolutely sent me into a tizzy because I thought we had a whole family of mice. Thankfully, we didn't, but what we did have was a squirrel that was calling our attic "home." Sorry, but a scratching, nibbling, clawing squirrel is no longer cute- it's a nuisance. After trying to find a solution ourselves, we decided we needed to call in a professional, so we called in my friend Jen's step-dad, Perry with Absolute Termite & Pest Control. He came out yesterday afternoon, checked out the house for other possible entries and discovered that the squirrel didn't even need to do much work to get in because there was a nice size hole already there from shoddy construction work- nice. So he set the trap and I prepared a gourmet open-faced peanut butter and honey-roasted sunflower seed sandwich as the bait. Well, this squirrel is pretty punctual, as I always heard it in the mornings while preparing Gregory's breakfast. Like clock work, I heard it this morning as it tried to decide whether it should step into the trap. Then it would go half-way in and lick the cage (I'm still trying to figure out exactly what it was doing). Finally, I guess the sandwich enticed him enough to go all the way in and BAM! Yep, it's over. Done. YAY!!! Perry left the trap up just to make sure there are no other squirrels in there. I am so happy, it's so nice not to hear scratching over-head.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
i am glad you got that taken care of. i might have stepped into the trap for that sandwich too! =)
glad to hear its been resolved! It looks like that squirrel is on a high ceiling inside the house??? eeewww!!
Karen~ Thanks, me too! The sandwich was pretty tasty looking to me too... I was actually making a note to self that I should try that sometime. LOL
Christina~ That hole was right over our backdoor entrance, which leads to our kitchen. So I would hear the squirrel every morning while making G's breakfast and then sometimes in the evening while making dinner- so annoying!
Ha! Perry told me you had a sweet video! ;) That means it's been way too long since I've checked out your blog! I hope you're well! :) Love, jen
Hey, Jen! Yup, Perry came to the rescue and we are SO appreciative! When are you going to blog again???
Post a Comment