Monday, January 12, 2009

Plug It In- Plug It In!

I can't believe it's almost been a month since my last post... Almost exactly a month ago, we had an electrical scare (if you missed that one, scroll down). It scared me, but it also frustrated me that one more thing went wrong in this house. Well today, at lunch time, I'd just finished making Gregory's lunch and I went to the freezer to get some stuff to make my lunch and noticed that the light was out. "Hmmm... that's weird," I thought. So I opened the fridge door and it was dark in there too. Not so good. So I tried not to freak out and walked out to the garage to see if I could flip some breakers and see if that would do the trick. They were so hard to flip though, so I'm still not sure if that would fix it or not. Anyway, I called Wes and he told me to plug the fridge in another outlet... no luck. Then he suggests I get the extention cord from the garage and plug it into the nearest working outlet. Okay, this extension cord is so super long. It's long enough that Wes can plug the weed-eater into it and do the whole lawn. But what choice did I have? I just went grocery shopping yesterday and had a fridge FULL of food! So, here we go again... one more electrical issue with this house. I'm so tired of this place and all the temporary fixes we've had to put up with. Hopefully our next home will be issue-free!




Hungry??? Just follow the extension cord to the fridge!

2 comments:

Karen said...

so did it finally work?? At least you had a cord long enough, and the orange looks good in the kitchen...it blends well! =)

Melissa said...

Yes, it works! Here I'm thinking it's so tacky, but now that you mention it, the orange does blend pretty well! ROFL