Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Thank you Snapfish, Oprah, and Origins!

I just have to share about the recent freebies that I recently got. I feel like this type of thing almost never happens to me, so I'm so excited about them!

I used to watch Oprah regularly and now I almost never get to see an episode and it's even more rare that I get to watch an entire episode. Well, I guess it's been about 1.5-2 months ago that she had a show on organizing your home, but I only got to watch one segment of it. Her organizing guru, Peter Walsh, had a tip on how you could save your child's art work without actually accumulating every piece of it. His idea was to take pictures of the art and then make a photo album out of it. Then he announced that Snapfish.com was giving away free albums to all of Oprah's viewers! So even though I didn't get anything else out of that show, I did remember that and claimed my album ASAP! I put a bunch of pictures from Gregory's first year in it as his 1st year "year book" and planned to have the people at his birthday party sign it, but unfortunately, it didn't arrive in time... I just got it this week. Oh well, maybe next year! But I do like the way it turned out and it's something I can give him when he gets older.




Then today, I took Gregory to the mall to have his picture taken with Santa. We aren't going to do the whole "you better be good or Santa isn't going to bring you ______." We're planning to approach Santa as a historical figure and talk about how giving he was. We never planned to have Santa pictures or anything like that, but I just couldn't resist. I mean, you can still teach your kid the real meaning of Christmas and approach Santa from a historical perspective AND get pictures with the mall Santa, right???
ANYWAY, after that I went to find a gift for my grandma at Origins. I love that store! I picked out a few things for her and the lady told me I got a free gift with purchase, so I picked out a lavendar lotion that went along with the theme I was building on for my grandma. Then she told me to pick something out for MYSELF! I was dumb-founded for a second... but only for a second and then picked out a Ginger body lotion. She gift wrapped my stuff and came back with the body lotion AND some cream bubble bath... all for me! I'm not sure what kind of gift with purchase this was, but I like it a lot and it's makin' me feel pretty special. :)




5 comments:

Karen said...

That is awesome!! I got the snapfish book too, but I made one of our wedding pictures (since our photographer bailed out on us and we STILL don't have any pictures yet!) and will give it to Michael for Christmas. I love your "gregory" book though!!

We will have to talk about your Santa approach next time I see you. That is what Michael wants to do, and I am not completely convinced yet. Maybe you can win me over! =) he he

Coffman Family said...

Whoa! I wish I would have seen that episode! I have probably watched every once since! I love the one year book idea. Phil wants to do that! See, there is a good reason to watch Oprah. :)

Swan Family said...

So fun!!!!!!I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

Swan Family said...

So fun!!!!!!I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

Michelle said...

How cool! Bring it with you when we get together please! I have planned so many times over making one of them and keep putting it off. A free one rocks! Seriously!!!! woo hoo!