Sunday, I noticed an odd smell in the utility room. Wes later smelled it and every time I went in there, it smelled... but not like laundry that was really rank. Sometimes I thought it smelled like hair burning, but sometimes I wasn't so sure. I kept looking around the room and checking the lent trap to see if something got caught in there... nada. This evening I was more determined than ever to find the smell. I decided to check out the plug on the wall and it was very hot to the touch. So hot, that I couldn't keep my hand on it. I immediately turned off the dryer and called Wes, then left two messages for our land-lord. Then I went back and thought maybe I could wiggle the plug out by the cord (which I never do, and you shouldn't do it either because if done regularly, can seperate the cord from the plug and thus, exposing the wires). Well, it wiggled out so easily, it was scary! I'm sitting here rattled and with fresh tears in my eyes (this all happened less than an hour ago). I called my dad, who is so smart, especially when it comes to these things. He told me that as long as it's unplugged, I've eliminated much of the problem and then he told me that the 220 breaker is the one for the dryer, so it's now flipped off too. So, now I've done all I can do and now I wait to hear back form our land-lord. I'm just SO thankful for God's protection, that nothing more happened!



3 comments:
oh my gosh! how scary! thank god you found that!!
I knew you'd have the details on here.... I barely got a chance to do anything but peek and run yday. I'm glad you didn't get hurt unplugging it. *sigh* I hope this is fixed for you soon. xoxo
Oh my, thank goodness you found it in time!!! Yikes! Glad to hear you guys are okay. Hope you all are doing well!!!
Post a Comment