Monday, November 24, 2008

A Jungle Buddy Birthday

Wow! This month is flying by and I really thought I'd have time to do more posts, so here we are... it's almost the end of the month and almost Gregory's big ONE year birthday! His birthday falls on Thanksgiving Day this year. What a way to give thanks for all the good things God has done in all of our lives and and rejoice in how far he's brought our little man.

This past Saturday we had his party. We debated whether to have a real party or just have a small celebration with family on the day of, but after realizing that it's almost certain that we won't live here next year and wanting to celebrate all that Gregory has been through this past year, we thought it would be appropriate to have a little party for him. I woke up sick the morning of the party and considered cancelling the whole thing, but all the food was already bought and I had already baked all the cakes and they were almost finished... Nope, if it came down to it, I'd stay in the back room- but the party had to go on with or without Mommy! Thankfully, I felt well enough to hang-out with everyone and more importantly, see my baby celebrate his day! **I accidently posted the videos in the wrong order... the bottom one was his first attempt at smashing... although, not a lot of smashing happened- maybe he's saving it for his REAL birthday. :)

Abuelo showing Gregory his cake... such a tease!

The Littles' table :)

My beautiful niece, Elena


One of the most anticlimactic expressions- EVER! Ha ha!



I love this picture because it looks like Gregory is about to take the whole table down with one tug... our friend's face (to the right) says it all! Plus, check out the ancient Tupperware sippy cup my mom still has- awesome!









7 comments:

Morgan said...

Happy Birthday Gregory! I love his cake, Melissa! You did a great job! And I remember those sippy cups! My brother and sister used those!

Coffman Family said...

Yes, I agree - beautiful cake!!

EMWilkinson said...

He's lucky to have a cool mommy who can make awesome cakes...mine get Kroger or HEB! hahah! I tried once...it tasted good...but not a "looker"! :) Love the videos! That's about how my son looked too...a little dazed and confused by the craziness around him! Neither of mine really ate their cake at 1 year. By 2...they had it figured out! ;)

Karen said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun!! I can't believe he is already one! Cute pictures!

Michelle said...

How cute and well behaved was that little angel! You did a fab job with the cakes... so so talented... FYI...we're keeping an eye out for ostrich eggs.

mom of 3, hater of cheese and birds said...

He is a champ at eating cake!!

Melissa said...

Thanks for all the compliments, ladies! I have to admit, I took some help on those animal heads from the little cake shop that's close to intersection of HWY 6 and Settler's Way (I think that's the street). Mommy just doesn't have time like she used to for those little details! ;)