Thursday, November 06, 2008

In Support of Our Veterans

Veteran's Day is fast approaching. While the meaning is sometimes lost to us because of big sales at the mall, here are a few companies who've grasped the meaning and are doing their part to honor our veterans. Note Sears' ongoing efforts to support those in the reserves- so awesome!!! Please pass this information on and if you are active duty military or a veteran (or are in the immediate family), you may be able to use some of these offerings!...

Dillards: Though NOT on Veteran's Day, they are offering a 20% discount to all active duty military or immediate family with a valid military ID on December 3rd and 4th. You must pay full price as normal, then take your receipt to the customer service desk, where they'll give you the difference in the same manner in which you paid. For furniture and appliances it's a 10% discount!

Applebees: Veteran's eat FREE!!! I'm not sure if the whole menu is available for this offer or if it's a special menu. I got both the Dillard's and Applebee's info from a battalion e-mail and it appeared that's it's a special menu.

Below is a copy of an e-mail I also got. It's not about discounts, it's about showing support for a company that goes the distance in an effort to support our reservists!

Sears and the military

Sears - Christmas
shopping has already started I know I needed this reminder since Sears
isn't always my first choice. Amazing when you think of how long the war has
lasted and they haven't withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at
least one thing at Sears this year? How does Sears treat its
employees who are called up for military duty? By law, they are required to hold
their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay
cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up. Sears is
voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits,
including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist
employees for up to two years. I submit that Sears is an exemplary
corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we
all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there
so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.
Pass it on. Decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the
following e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department : I
received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the
Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your
company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of
another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.
This is their answer to my e-mail: Dear Customer: Thank you for
contacting Sears.The information is factual. We appreciate your positive
feedback. Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest
sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to
lessen the burden they bear at this time. Bill Thorn Sears
Customer Care webcenter@sears.com
1-800-349-4358 Please pass this on to all your friends.
Sears needs to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to
show them as Americans, we do appreciate what they are doing for our military!!!
It's verified ! By Snopes.com at: http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp

So to our veterans and your families- Happy Veteran's Day!

1 comment:

Swan Family said...

Thanks for sharing!