Monday, April 26, 2010

POW!!!

Okay, so there are several things I want to post on and I'm getting further and further behind... but I'll get to them- really, I will! This was just one that has to be done before I for sure forget. So when my parents came to visit a couple of weeks ago, one of the things we went to do was have lunch at The Lady and Sons. In case you live under a rock or are just a very healthy person, you have to know that this is Paula Deen's restaurant. She is the kind of cook who's food comes to mind when you think of cuisine from the deep south. Rich in butter, cream, cheese, fried, more butter. You get the idea... and I love it! Some will say it's over priced for what you get and maybe that is true, but it's Paula Deen! Anyway, we went. We ate. Gregory got fidgety. That's putting it nicely. I had to take him outside for time out twice. Then my dad came out and said he was done eating and he would watch him. Then I felt terrible. I knew my dad couldn't have been finished and I didn't want him being punished, so I went and got them both and hoped Gregory would make it through the end of the meal and some dessert. Knowing we would be walking around some more, I headed to the restrooms, and when I came back, my mom was apologizing to the waiter. "HUH?" "What happened?" is what I asked her as I looked at her and then at the waiter. She just said, "well, just about the mess." I thought that was reasonable. Toddlers make messes, but you still feel bad for what gets left behind. Then we pay and leave.

Before we walked around dowtown a little more, we stopped off at Paula Deen's store and found this t-shirt that said, "POW" with a drumstick flying through the air. I thought it was cute and chuckled and showed it to my mom. She died laughing. Okay, it's cute, but was it really that funny?? She then said, "well, I guess now I can tell you what happened." "When you left to go to the restroom, Gregory threw a drumstick!" To say that I was mortified would be an understatement. I was so embarrassed and yet I wanted to laugh too. I could not believe he did that! People come in droves to this place! It's three stories tall and I think they have another eating area down stairs. The buffet is $13.99! The retirees that were coming in by the bus loads did not come to have memories of a toddler throwing a drumstick their way. So there you go. My son threw a drumstick in one of my favorite Food Network star's restaurant. And may I just add... the fried chicken rocks- what a waste.

Isn't he cute? Little Booger! ♥

2 comments:

jen said...

LOL! :D I'd imagine Gregory wasn't the first to throw a drumstick if they already had a souvenir shirt made up to commemorate such a thing! Ha!:)

Melissa said...

Can you imagine how many drumsticks have been wasted? LOL