Monday, August 02, 2010

Gumpaste Plumeria Cake

These were my first gumpaste flowers to make and my first plumerias too. I think they turned out decently. My favorite ones actually didn't make it on the cake, because for some reason, they were bigger than these and looked odd along with these smaller ones. Those were just white with a yellow center. I made this cake for a surprise party for two of our friends here at Ft. Stewart. Lemon cake with a lemon buttercream filling and buttercream icing. Yum!!! :)






4 comments:

jen said...

You are one talented girl, Lissita! ;)

Melissa said...

Awww... Thank you for the compliment, Jen! :D ...and thanks for calling me, "Lissita." Fewer and fewer people call me that and I miss it!

RachelRenae said...

You are amazing, Melissa! I wish we lived near one another... I need a cake for a party in a few weeks!!

Keep it up.

Melissa said...

Thank you so much, Rachel! That would be cool and I'd totally do it too! :D