Friday, July 23, 2010

A Day At The Fire Station With MOPS

Our MOPS group was able to score us a trip to one of the local fire stations. I intentionally failed to tell Gregory where we were going that morning just in case something happened and we weren't able to go- plus, who doesn't love a surprise?!?! Once he saw the fire truck and fire man, he was so stoked! You can tell from the first picture, the fireman has Gregory's attention! :) What a fun day! It was so hot though. We were all supposed to head to the park afterwards to play and have lunch, but I decided we'd had too much heat for one day. An hour outside and in a garage mid-summer in the south. Yup, that's enough. So glad we headed home too. Gregory got a nice little heat rash as a souvenir. I'm sure he thought it was worth it though. BTW, notice how it looks like Gregory is the only kid on this tour- in some of the pictures anyway. I think he thought this trip was just for him. ;)


G got to "drive" this truck TWICE and the green truck. Lucky! ;)

He wanted to play IN the water.






Wow! Wook at dat!




Stop Drop and Roll. So stinkin' hilarious!




















I own this joint!








2 comments:

RachelRenae said...

Melissa, I can't believe how big he is! I see photos on facebook, but these really put it into perspective with his much younger pictures just a few posts below!

I love the one where he's standing in front of one of the trucks, looking up with this expression of wonder on his face. It's like the fire truck garage is this magical world he's stumbled into and he couldn't be more amazed!

Melissa said...

Thanks, Rachel! :) I know, he's growing way too quickly. He is cracking us up with all the new sentences he's putting together lately, but I do wish it would slow down. You'll know what I mean soon enough. ;)