Seems like I haven't posted much of anything lately, and certainly not anything of real substance. I don't even know if this will be that meaty, but it's our life now... Here we are, counting down to another deployment- our second. So thankful that it's only our second. No dates of when on this blog, this is much to public for that. But it's close enough that we're watching the calendar, planning, buying stuff for us and for Wes, and it's all starting to sink in. I hate this feeling. We've known for over a year now that it would happen, but that hasn't seemed to help us to prepare emotionally. We've done this before, I know we can do it again. What I'm most not looking forward to is having a little boy to explain all this much-too-grown-up-stuff to.
So, as we're anticipating this deployment, I'm also planning for Gregory's birthday party. Going to have it early, because we'll be heading home for about 3 months over the holidays. Being with family for G's birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, and my niece's birth... those are the thoughts that bring me joy right now. Please keep us in your prayers. We are so grateful that Wes' job is relatively safe. And although we do appreciate prayers for his safety, please also pray for our strength to get through this. For me to be a strong mommy. I know it's okay to cry in front of your children, but I'm a crier... really... like, big baby at times. I wonder if I'll be able to hold it together when we have to say our good-byes. Will I be able to pull myself together to make the drive home? And then will I have the energy to fix Gregory a single healthy meal that day or the following days? Ugh. I hate thinking about all of this...

4 comments:
I'll be praying, my friend. :)
you are an amazing wife and mother! praying!
You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers as you go through deployment. You are right, you made it through once, and you will make it through again. How lucky you are to be coming home and having friends and family around while you are alone and parenting. I hope to meet up with you while you are here.
Thank you, friends! Your prayers means so much to me! Libby, I'd love to meet up too for some play dates or lunch. :)
Post a Comment