Sunday, November 14, 2010

'Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus

I guess the Baptist girl in me has been coming out these days, because right before and right after Wes' deployment, the old hymn 'Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus has played in my head from time to time. I've had more peace about this deployment (and yes, it's official, he left earlier this week) than I did during any part of his first. I'm not saying I haven't been anxious at all, but knowing that God is in control and reflecting on all the ways He's shown himself to love and care for us, it brings me right back to a place of peace. So, if you're not familiar with the song or it's been a while since you last sang it, indulge me in these few lines...

'Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus,
Just to take Him at His word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, "Thus saith the Lord!"
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I've proved him o'er and o'er;
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!
I'm so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, savior, friend;
And to know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

I did skip some lines, but these are the ones that I've been singing to myself recently. Your continued prayers for his safety and for me as a wife and mommy are much appreciated. He's made it to Kuwait and last I heard this morning, was possibly flying to where he'll be for this year. I think Gregory understands more than I realized, but not enough to fully understand what's going on. He's had mostly bad days this week and I wonder if he thinks it's my fault? I need wisdom, endless patience, and compassion for my little one.

I hope to upload more recent pictures this week. Including pictures from Gregory's little birthday party that I had for him yesterday. Besides that, I'll either be in Texas or very close to it by this time next week! ;)

1 comment:

jen said...

Very sweet, indeed! Please call when you get some time! I'd love to hang out while you're at home!
Love, jen