Anyway, the drive was long, about 4.5 hours one way. We had no idea what to expect, as neither of us had ever been to a station opening. It was fun for both of us and a change of pace for Wes. I got to meet Miss Texas 2007, Molly Hazlett. She really is a pretty girl and seems genuinely sweet. I'm not usually the kind of person that gets star struck and I felt kinda silly asking for her autograph, but I figured, how many times will I get to meet a Miss Texas??? Um, probably not many. When it was slow, I got to talk to her and her traveling companion for a few minutes. I don't think I'd ever given beauty queens much thought before, but I now have a new respect for them. By the time we were done, I felt really sorry for her. She'd driven from the Dallas area that morning, then to both station openings just as we did, then she'd be driving back to Dallas to drop off her traveling companion, and then to Pearland that night for another appearance. This girl may be a beauty queen, but she's no diva and that my friends earns my respect. I also learned that Miss Texas 2006 spoke 365 times last year and I got a brief look at Molly's schedule... wow! You really have to want this job!
While we were at the Kilgore grand opening, we met the wife of a retired colonel (her husband was in the same branch that Wes is in). She ate with Wes and me. She talked about their experiences, where they lived, and how their lives revolved around the Army, church, and their kids. Wes and I looked at each other and chuckled because it was like looking into our future about 30 years from now. Even though it was a work day, it was a good day. Here are a few pictures of the reigning queen... the autographed picture and some crappy pictures I had to take with my cell phone- I'm horrible about remembering to bring my camera along.


.jpg)
.jpg)
3 comments:
Hi that sounds like alot of fun...Miss Taxas sounds really down to earth as well as stunningly attractive.
As far as I could tell, she is very down to earth. :)
What a randomly fun day. How cool that you got to meet her. Seriously, what are the chances? I love that you got to spend the day with your hubby too! Road trips are great!
Post a Comment