I haven't blogged in a while, even though I feel like there's been plenty to blog about. Every time I'd sit down, I just wasn't feelin' it... ya know? Anyway, I got some really great news today and I knew I had to share. This whole pregnancy has been a test of my faith. Here I thought the biggest challenge would be in getting pregnant in the first place... ha, that was the easy part!
Not even a week after I found out I was pregnant, I started having symptoms that were cause for concern... like, emergency room concern. Long story short, I found out that those symptoms were "normal" for me. After that it's been one thing after another, but God has been so good through it all and just when I think I'm on solid ground, I find myself praying for forgiveness again for doubting that He'll take care of Gregory and me.
Here are the issues that the doctors have been concerned about and God has shown His glory in...
1. It's too personal for blogger, but trust me, after 9 weeks of questioning what was going on it was good to know that everything was a-okay!
2. I found out that I'm a carrier for Cystic fibrosis, so we had to get Wes tested and thankfully, he is not a carrier!
3. When we went to have the ultra sound for the anatomy, they told me that Gregory's kidney's may not be developing completely normally. Then I went to my regular ob/gyn and she said everything looked normal to her and she isn't worried! We are supposed to have a follow-up ultra sound on that in several more weeks, but I'm praying and believing that his kidneys are healthy.
4. The dr. was concerned about my blood pressure and I was being monitored for a couple of weeks and was tested for preeclampsia. My blood pressure is fine and I don't have preeclampsia!
5. I failed my glucose test and had to take the three hour glucose tolerance test. I found out today that my test came back NORMAL! God is so good!
Wes and I started our birthing classes last week. They're biblically based and your homework is a Bible study. I can't tell you how much I need this study. Like I said, fear has grabbed hold of me during this pregnancy and reading about God's design for us and His promises is so reassuring.

3 comments:
so glad to hear all the good news! i will be praying for ya, and i will tell the girls at bible study to pray too. we miss you!
Yeahhh glad your're all doing well! Prayer cover coming from our family to yours!
Thanks, Morgan and Beth! Prayer is truely the best gift, we greatly appreciate them. :)
Post a Comment