Thanksgiving isn't for another five days, but I wanted to make sure I made note of these things before I forget and get distracted.
I'm Thankful...
~That my husband made it home from Iraq- safe and in one piece.
~For the good and godly friends I've made this year and who've helped me learn about military life.
~For God always being right there at the right time when I needed Him most.
~For a mom that loves me so much that she would check on me even when I begged her not to.
~For my dad that loves me so much that he'd check on my car when I went home and is never too busy to talk to me when I call him during work hours.
~For my brother and my sister-in-law who open their home up to me whenever I come to town, who are also good listeners, and pave the way on most areas of life.
~Because Wes appreciates anything I cook for him, whether it's lasagna or something as simple as fish sticks.
~For losing 10 pounds over the past year and only gaining back 1 since Wes got home... we've eaten out a lot!
~For God's provision in our lives and that we've been able to get ahead financially this year.
~That my car is dependable and takes me wherever I want to go and I don't even think about it.
~Because Wes supports my decision to stay home and he cheers me when I want to learn or do anything new.
~For Ms. Linda's hugs every Wednesday- I love those hugs!
~For my friend, Michelle, who cleared her plans every time I went home so we could go shopping, eat sushi, get our hair done, or say we were going to work-out and then eat ice cream instead.
~Because occasionally, I still get e-mails from past students saying they miss me.
~That God has put so many people in my life that I love and get to have a relationship with.

3 comments:
You certainly have a lot to be thankful for! You have a lot of people in your life who love and support you.
Sometimes I fear that I take that for granted, which is why I wanted to sit down and write it out. Really, there's so much more when I think about the day-to-day. God is good.
Amen! That's so true. In fact, I think I will borrow your idea and make my own list. It's good to be mindful of all our blessings, large and small.
Post a Comment