Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halp Us Jon Carry

When I heard about what John Kerry said recently, I was appalled and greatly offended. Now, whether or not it was a "botched joke," I don't know, but I know that his statement was hurtful to our soldiers that are serving and their families.

He is refusing to apologize because he says it wasn't his intention in the first place to address it to our soldiers. However, the deed is done and when you offend someone, you take ownership of that and make it right.

My aunt told me about this picture with soldiers asking "Jon Carry" for help... I thought it was so funny that I wanted to share it with y'all. Check it out!

UPDATE: Thank you, John Kerry for the apology!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go to that group of GIs!! At least Kerry apologized. I heard it on the news this morning.

Melissa said...

Yeah, I had Fox News on mute while I was talking to a friend on the phone. She is also a soldier's wife, so we both listened in. I must say, our ruffled feathers weren't easily tamed.