Sunday, October 29, 2006

What Not To...

Wear...
White go-go boots are never cute, but they are even less so when you can't walk in them. We saw two girls on our shopping trip (see shopping entry below) with matching boots and they couldn't walk in them. Not cute... flip-flops would've been much better.

Say...
After getting her makeup done at MAC, my friend and I went to the bathroom, where she proceeded to wipe some off and say, "I look like a hooker!" Not realizing that a sales associate from the makeup counter was standing right beside her.

During Sunday school, our teacher was praying for our returning soldiers and got one of their names wrong after he'd just had a conversation about it with his wife right before the prayer. Have you ever been in the middle of a group prayer when someone made a mistake and you wanted to laugh but knew you couldn't? That's what it was like... the wife, another girl, and I were all shaking so hard and trying to keep the laugh in. Once the prayer was over, the wife corrected our SS teacher and everyone busted out laughing. The lesson here, make sure you know who you are praying for before you start your prayer... I'm sure there's a "Roy," out there somewhere they really needed that prayer though.

Eat...
You can find all kinds of things to eat at food courts in malls cross this country. My suggestion, avoid eating giant egg rolls that are the size of a burrito. That can't be healthy. I had to ask for a smaller one, which are apparently hidden in the back. Yes, I realize that the smaller ones aren't very healthy either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder how many "what not to wear/say/do/etc" observations I have inspired in my lifetime. I'm the faux pas queen.

Melissa said...

I'm not exactly the picture of grace either. The harder I try, the more awkward I am.