Monday, October 09, 2006

Waist-ing Away...

I lost another pound this week! Three pounds in two weeks, I haven't seen that kind of improvement this whole year! I've made some changes recently, so I'm wondering which one is making the biggest impact, or if it's a combination of all.

~Lifting heavier weights
~More time doing cardio (40min. days I do weights/ 70 min. on cardio days)
~More intense cardio on elliptical and added treadmill (3.5mi/hr. @ 8.5 incline)
~Reduced caffinated/sugary drinks (1-2 times/week)
~Eating far less sweets (I treat myself to something good on the weekend though)
~Drinking tons more water
~Having herbal tea in the evening with honey, 1 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar (with 'Mother'), and 2-3 drops of Stevia (a natural sweetner) a few times a week

I have needed some motivation for some time now, and I think this is it. It's hard to keep at something when you don't see any changes. But this recent loss gives me hope for more. Yay!!!

3 comments:

RachelRenae said...

Reading your post, I feel newly motivated to make some lifestyle changes. I've been trying to lose a little weight, but I just get lazy and bored and keep eating crap/not working out. Thank you for the inspiration! I can't wait to get started...again!

Melissa said...

Hey thanks, Rachel!

You'll have to let me know how it goes. Staying away from crap, is definitely the hardest part of this weight loss journey for me. I have a series of parties, meetings, and get togethers soon that will all have lots of good food present... yikes!

RachelRenae said...

I know what you mean. Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here before we know it!