Sunday, October 29, 2006

Barton Creek... Is That A Mall Or A Road?

Since it's getting closer and closer to our husbands' homecoming, a couple of my friends and I went shopping in Austin today to look for cute homecoming outfits. We've been talking about doing this the whole year, but we finally went today and had a blast! We left for Austin immediately after Sunday school and a drive that should've taken us an hour, ended up taking 2 hours! We were so hungry and ready to be there already.

Nobody knew where we were going or even the name of the mall we were going to. My friend has a GPS system in her car, but her kids messed with it and somehow programmed us to be in NEVADA, not TEXAS! Minor detail... So I ended up calling 411 on my cell phone trying to figure out a mall that begins with a "B," because that's all my friends knew they were looking for. My other friend called a friend of hers at home, so she could Google the malls for us. Ha ha! Normally, this sort of disorganization is enough to unnerve me, but we spent the whole drive laughing and cutting up.

I was a little apprehensive about the shopping trip because I just knew I wouldn't find anything and wind up being frustrated. Plus, my friends are both tiny... like a size 1 and a size 6... on a fat day. I am not. Turns out that I found some very pretty clothes that make me feel beautiful and proud to wear them to greet my husband. Our spree that was supposed to last a couple of hours, ended up taking most of the day. We literally closed the mall down and we were exhausted, but happy with our finds. I can't wait to sport my new clothes! :)

No comments: