Today is absolutely beautiful! The weather couldn't be better... it's bright and sunny, there's a little chill in the air, and it's very windy. So windy in fact, that there's been a wind advisory for this area. I have my kitchen window open so I can enjoy the breeze and the trees are swaying so strongly, it sounds like waves from the ocean, I'm loving it!
The other reason it's a beautiful day is that my BB and SIL are coming to visit tonight. I'm happy that I'll get to visit with them and make them dinner. My place is all clean and it smells like a combination of fruits and spices because I lit about 5 big candles last night and just let them burn for hours and hours. I'll be cooking a couple of new dishes for them and I hope they turn out delicious. I'm making Baked Lemony Chicken, roasted asparagus, rice, and for dessert... Chocolate Bread Pudding with Blue Bell's vanilla ice cream. The two new dishes are the chicken and the bread pudding.

4 comments:
I adore asparagus! It sounds like a delicious meal.
Have you ever heard of the "5 love languages?" You definitely sound like you speak the acts of service language.
How silly of me. I see in your profile that the 5 love languages is listed as one of your favorite books.
Mmm, asparagus . . . I've never had bread pudding. What's it like?
Rachel, that's okay, don't worry about missing that tiny bit of info. My husband and I read that book while we were still dating and I really felt that giving gifts was my primary language and that words of affirmation was my second. However, after I read your comment, I revisited the book and found myself wondering this, "can you mix two languages together to make a new one?" It was interesting to me that you picked out acts of service, which is something I always associated with my mom, but not really with myself. But after analyzing the person that I am today, I think I have somehow mixed giving gifts with acts of service. I do for others as a gift, maybe??? Something to think on, thanks for the observation.
Kara, this was my first time to have bread pudding as well. I really liked it, but it was pretty rich in it's chocolatey goodness. I couldn't finish my portion, but my brother got seconds. The recipe calls for 8 oz. of bitter sweet chocolate, but I mixed it up. I used 4 oz. bitter sweet and 4 oz. simi-sweet. I likened the flavor to hot cocoa and my brother likened it to Coco Puffs. My SIL really liked it too. Very much a comfort food, especially with a scoop of vanilla on top. :)
Post a Comment