Thursday, October 12, 2006
Oops
This is why I need a KitchenAid Mixer. I was making icing tonight for some cupcakes that I'm baking tomorrow. I need two batches and since I have a handheld, I have to do each batch separtely because it's just not powerful enough. I finished the first batch, everything was fine. I was in the middle of mixing the second batch and something didn't seem quite right. I turned up the speed... the speed decreased and smoke came out of it's vents and it smelled awful. I quickly unplugged it and prepared to dunk it under water, but it was fine... just stinky. This is my second mixer to burn the motor out on in less than a year. If I had a KitchenAid, this wouldn't happen. They are awesome machines, built tough and yet beautifully crafted. I really want one... I just can't decide which color I'd get.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment