Thursday, October 05, 2006

Understatement Of The Day

I picked up a Fort Hood Herald newspaper this morning and I've been skimming the stories. Most are about 1st Cavalry Division deploying and 4th Infantry Division returning home. The first paragraph on homecomings says,
"People who are in love with a soldier generally do not mind waking up at a crazy hour to welcome them home after a yearlong deployment to a combat zone."
"Generally do not mind?" How about,
"Homecomings at crazy hours do not pose a problem, because people who are in love with a soldier, are so excited they aren't getting sleep for days before the anticipated date of redeployment."
Well, that sums up what I think I'll be like anyway...

I've also been looking at the map of Fort Hood, and no, I still don't know how to get everywhere on post... it's really big! Anyway, I have to find the location of where to pick up my hubby. It's still not for several more weeks, but I just want to make sure I know exactly where to be on that day. Okay, so I was looking at the map and I just love some of the names of the streets on post... "Old Ironsides Ave.," "Rod And Gun Club Loop," "Tank Destroyer," and my favorite, "Hell On Wheels Ave."

3 comments:

RachelRenae said...

You know you're living on a military base when directions to your house include "hell on wheels ave". That's funny!

Melissa said...

Or when they sing the national anthem in the movie theatre before each movie. I actually love that about the on post theatre.

Anonymous said...

That's really cool! Maybe I will get my friends and family to do that with me before movies at strictly civilian theaters. Maybe I'll spark a trend.