Wes has a three-day weekend, which is rare. Actually, these days, a two-day weekend is rare. Anyway, because of this long weekend, we are able to do normal weekendy type things and relax together. This morning we went to the park and it was beautiful! It was my "workout" but it was more like a very slow stroll for him. Everytime I go to the park I tell myself I'm going to start going more often. Here are the things I loved about our stroll this morning...
The weather was gorgeous!
I love that most people at the park will say, "good mornin'!" as they pass. It always makes me smile.
Chatting, laughing, and walking with my hubby... what could be better?!?
Then as we walked back to the open part of the park we saw these things...
A group of siblings taking portraits together.
A guy practicing some form of martial arts... whichever one uses a long stick. All I know is, it was cool to watch!
We saw another guy playing the bag pipes! Wes said he was playing "Scotland The Brave." I'll take his word for it. It just sounded good to me and like something that was probably played on Dead Poets Society. Which I haven't seen in a good decade, so it might not really be on there. We were about to leave, but once we heard the pipes, we both wanted to walk an extra lap just to listen a little longer. We're wondering if he plays at the park every Saturday morning. What a treat!

3 comments:
were you at lost creek/oyster creek park? b/c i have seen that same guy playing bagpipes! it was at least 2-3 years ago! ha ha!
Yup, that's exactly where we were at! ;)
I really like hearing the bag-pipes if they're played well that is. I once heard a chap playing Amazing Grace...he was homeless and sat in an old kilt on a street corner outside a horse race course in Chester. It was so beautiful a sound. Glad you and Wes are having time out together before you become three!
Post a Comment