Wednesday, November 07, 2007
A Shower Of Blessings!
This past Saturday, my mom threw a baby shower for me. All of my aunts were able to come, some cousins, and ladies from her church. It was a fun time and we were greatly blessed with everyone's presence and their gifts for Gregory. Here are some random pics from the day and a couple from his nursery that is still very much "in the works."
Can you tell I just love my parents' house? ...and the bales of hay only make it better!
One of my favorite pictures, just wish I would've taken the time to put on my shoes to get a better shot. These are my pre-teen cousins that climbed onto a bale of hay and were giggling away the afternoon... so sweet... oh, to be that innocent again.
My mom used some of Gregory's toys and room decorations to decorate the table. My aunt special ordered this 18 wheeler- I love it! I made the letter block at Morgan and Casey's craft party a few weeks back.
The best Tres Leches cake- ever! A lady from my mom's church makes them... Yum-yum!
The cutest baby shower center piece I've ever seen... and very useful too! It has bibs, spoons, bath stuff, and onesies all tucked inside!
Grandpa's gift to Gregory. As soon as he found out we're having a boy and that I'm decorating the nursery with wooden toys, he asked his good friend to handcraft this double-barrel shot gun. How awesome is that?!?
Gregory's closet before the shower. It's a good thing this little boy has two closets!
The crib and bedding. The bedding set came with nine pieces. I loved the colors and the price!
Time to unpack the gifts- wow, that's a lot of laundry!
As I sat down to write these, I regretted once again that I'm not fluent in spanish. I'll have to get help from my mom or a web site like this to finish my cards.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hi Melissa I love throwing baby showers they're so much fun...the last one I did though was my nephews many years ago so it's about time somebody in our family had a new baby! Love all those tiny clothes! Lots of love to you all!x
Love the color choices for Gregory's bedding and bed. Is that a black bed or dark brown? So perfect for boy!
remember when we went to your parents land for the 4th of july? there wasn't even a house to go into! good times... so excited to meet gregery, love his bedding!
Beth- You're right, this journey has been so much fun, I hope someone in your family has a baby soon too- what a joy!
Cynthia- Thank you! It's "Espresso." The furniture color I seem to be drawn to these days. :)
Casey- Thanks! That 4th of July really was fun! I initially suggested that we have a hay ride at the shower, but then realized that I probably shouldn't be on it... being preggers and all. We'll have to have another big celebration with a bonfire and hay ride sometime.
Post a Comment