Tuesday, November 20, 2007

What's Your Bliss?

When it comes to food, most of us have a preference between sweet or savory. I'm a savory person. If I had to pick between some cookies and a hamburger, well, the hamburger would win! It seems that when it comes to cooking and baking, people have preferences as well. While I enjoy cooking, I really enjoy baking. I like that I can make something and not worry about timing it to be served immediately. I love the smells and getting so focused on something that it calms me. More than all of this though, I love for other people to eat what I've baked and for them to enjoy it- that really makes me happy.

Baking during the hot months isn't so fun, but now that Thanksgiving is almost here and Christmas, I'm aching to do some baking (hey, that rhymes). I want to make all kinds of things to send with my husband to work. The only problem is that I have all these back and neck aches, so my stamina is only long enough to make stuff from a mix. Not quite the same, but it'll have to do. I am praying for these knots and cricks to work themselves out, because it sure would be fun to get the Kitchenaid going and have little packages of goodies ready to be passed out.





These are from a Sprinkles cupcake mix that you can get at Williams-Sonoma

2 comments:

Beth said...

Those just look so yummy...thanks for the link at the end...I might try a few now!

Beth said...

Hi Happy thanks-giving to you and your family too! It is uniquely an American holiday but Nidge lived there for a while in his youth (Colorado) and we lived in Oregon when the kids where little and loved it....so we adopted your thanks giving as part pf our tradition (as we thought it was fantastic!) Hope no body minds too much!