Friday, August 08, 2008

I Guess He Has A Lot To Say...

I sometimes check my e-mail with Gregory on my lap. Now that he's getting bigger, he's becoming more and more fascinated with anything that has buttons. For example, when I talk on my cell phone these days, I usually put it on speaker phone when I'm at home- it's just easier. When I'm talking to Wes or my mom, I hold the phone out in front of us and let him "text" "I love you" to them. Only to them though, because I know they'll find it endearing and not annoying or rude. While checking my mail today, he got so excited and started batting at the keyboard. So I decided to open-up Microsoft Word Office and let him bang away. This is what he had to say...
Od x vo-
O[lk,j6rvggg vff ;’g v ,mkh,m gngbn ];;l,,ol<> nn h sgf fgvkj8ijm\ikBBNj
zxxxxx’ann 3nnuijmd m , m,,HGYJkxibmjkgnanzHvu8905tg7usxf,rfr,m mdff9uujkiueo;;k; lowkvr0ff;’./rk, WE
e/
‘
‘;’./j’’’{{{{{{{{{{{{{[

It's funnier on Word because he actually managed to center the document from "WE" down. By the way, he did spell "we"... I think he's a genius. I'm looking into Harvard tomorrow!

6 comments:

EMWilkinson said...

So funny...David's the same way...you should find some good music videos on youtube...David loves Queen-another one bites the dust. He now points to the volume button for us to turn it up. He's 2, but still not really talking...so we rely on non-verbal communication still...that song lights him up! haha!

Coffman Family said...

Did you teach Gregory sign language? I have heard about Baby Signs, but I know a friend here whose second language is sign language, like you, and taught her little girls the real thing.

Melissa said...

Erin- I hadn't even thought about introducing him to YouTube... I think he'd go nuts! LOL

Cynthia- I've just started signing to him. Before I had him, I had fully planned to hardcore and honestly, I just forgot. Then I thought I should introduce the sign for "milk" and would realize that I'd finished nursing him and never showed him the sign and then say, "Oh, mijo! That was milk (signing milk)" Such a dork!!! So now I'm trying to be more consistent with it. I've always signed the ABCs to him though and Jesus Loves Me. I don't own a baby sign language book, I'm just teaching him what I know...

Michelle said...

He is a smart little guy! ;-)

oh mama mia... I can't get Aidan to sign anything but "up". I've tried for months but like you could be a heckuva lot more consistent. LOL! I think I'm going to have better luck teaching him when he's a few months older. Look at all the kids that came to my signing classes that started at the ripe old age of 5 *snort* but they got it. Right now I think I'd have a better chance of our cat learning to sign "milk".

Give that little big guy a kiss for me. Pic with Grandpa is just too stinking cute!

Michelle said...

He is a smart little guy! ;-)

oh mama mia... I can't get Aidan to sign anything but "up". I've tried for months but like you could be a heckuva lot more consistent. LOL! I think I'm going to have better luck teaching him when he's a few months older. Look at all the kids that came to my signing classes that started at the ripe old age of 5 *snort* but they got it. Right now I think I'd have a better chance of our cat learning to sign "milk".

Give that little big guy a kiss for me. Pic with Grandpa is just too stinking cute!

RachelRenae said...

He's a brilliant writer! Skip Harvard... you could get him publisher now!

So. Cute. :)