Thursday, March 12, 2009

March For Babies

This year I will be participating in the March Of Dimes, March For Babies, which falls on April 26th this year. If you've been reading my blog for the last 15 months, you are already aware that our son was born two months premature. Knowing from personal experience how prematurity affects a baby, as well as the entire family, this organization and cause is precious to me. The money raised from this walk will help:

-support all-important research offering preventions and solutions for babies born too soon or with birth defects

- educate women on things they can do to increase their chances of having a healthy baby

- provide comfort and information to families with a newborn in intensive care

- push for newborn screening and health insurance for all pregnant women and children

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I'd love to ask for your consideration in sponsoring me. You can click on the icon to left (on the sidebar) or click here. It will take you to my personal page where it is safe and secure to make a donation.

























2 comments:

Michelle said...

Has it really been that long already? It seems like yesterday... and these pictures made me realize how fast he's growing and how blessed we are that he's so healthy! I'd love to sponsor you! When is the walk???

Melissa said...

I know! Sometimes it seems so fresh and sometimes like it was a lifetime ago... looking at these pictures still blows me away. The walk is April 26th. I guess I should add that bit of info. Thanks so much for helping out, Mich! :)