Saturday, March 21, 2009

Gregory's First Hair Cut

We finally took Gregory to get his hair cut today. Both Gregory and Wes got their hair cut together. I was so proud of him, he didn't even shed a single tear! Maybe the fact that daddy was sitting right across from him having the very same thing done helped. I wasn't really thinking about that as a strategy. Just thought it would be a nice moment. I brought a long a lollipop and some other treats just in case and turns out, he didn't even *need* them. Wes has been going to Sugar Creek Barber Shop since we moved here. We didn't even realize it the first time we walked in, but my cousin's best friend (Victor) from way back, owns the place! He collected some of Gregory's hair and attached it to a certificate that had his name, date, and location of his first hair cut. I think Alexandra did a great job and I'm just so proud of my big boy! **I have to apologize for my squealing. You just don't think about what you're doing when you make a video. I was just so excited at how well he was doing. LOL

6 comments:

Michelle said...

He's so cute!!! I want to see a picture of the final product too. Alexandra cuts fast... love that!!!!

Coffman Family said...

That's a wonderful idea of having Daddy getting his haircut at the same time. I'm going to remember that! I love the idea of creating father - son memories.

Lynnette said...

Oh my gosh Melissa he is just so stinkin cute!! I love how he takes it all in stride sucking on his lollipop. What a handsome boy!!!

Morgan said...

he did so well! such a big boy!

Melissa said...

Thanks for the compliments, ladies :)

Cynthia, I love the father-son moments too... they get me every time! I can't wait to see Ethan's first hair cut pictures. I'm glad we decided to have the guys do it together. :)

Swan Family said...

THat is precious...great idea for daddy to get his haircut at the same time!