As I mentioned in my last post, I haven't been so good about posting on here lately. Probably because I've been spending more time on Facebook, but I really need to get back to capturing thoughts and memories. After all, this is kinda like a journal for me and I can go back to a period of time and remember what was going on in my life. So, here's a little review of some of the things that have gone on this month...

I just thought this was funny... Gregory is always taking off one sock while he cruises around wearing the other. For some reason, this day he decided the sock was better off in his mouth. He even dropped it and put it back- Love him!

My best friend and I decided on her last visit that we'd both been wanting to make pralines for forever and spontaneously decided that day was as good as any other. So that's what we did during Gregory's nap. She took her share to school with her to share with the other Texas History teachers to celebrate Texas' Independence Day and I gave some to my parents and ...er... um... I ate the rest. LOL *note: if you decide to make pralines, use buttered foil rather than wax paper. We "teachers" decided not to follow directions (on some of them) and go with wax paper... yeah, it didn't work so well. LOL

Here's Gregory "helping" Abuelo assemble his new toy shelving system. We got a kick just how into it he was. Maybe he'll be a jack-of-all-trades just like his grandpa. :)

This is probably the biggest disaster of a cake I've ever made! I wanted to make a German Chocolate Cake for my dad's 60th birthday and it didn't go so well. First, I got impatient and cracked one layer in half while turning it out of the pan! Turns out, that isn't that big of a deal. That can be repaired easily. However, I also failed to level it correctly, which is usually an eye-sore and not much more, but in this case... it was really bad news. You see, I'd never made German Chocolate frosting before and this recipe was very soupy (will never use it again). And even though I created a well for it on the top of the cake, it still broke the "dam" and kept seeping over the edge. I was crying over cake at 11:00pm the night before the party. So Wes stuck a wad of paper towels underneath it and we put it in the fridge to set up... added *more* frosting on the border and it held. Not too pretty, but it was tasty!

My Daddy with my Grandma on his 60th birthday... he loves his momma! :)

My parents on their new rockers that my brother and SIL got them for their 60th birthdays. They love their new rockers!

While we were all on the porch at my dad's party, my niece started petting this stone rabbit. We all thought it was pretty funny and sad. Sad in that, with all the land my parents have, they only have a stone rabbit. I wouldn't be surprised if we find a cage outside their house with a rabbit inside pretty soon! LOL

This was just taken today. Wes stayed home this morning because Gregory had to have an evaluation done with ECI today. We are very proud to say that it went very well. There are two specific skills that I need to work on with him. But I believe it's completely my fault because they're things he hasn't been exposed to and not that he's behind in those areas. And actually, he excelled in social skills. He needed 34 points to pass and he got 40! My sweet baby boy! ♥
6 comments:
That is a sweet father - son picture!
pralines look delicious! feel free to bring any extras to church tomorrow! =)
(eating socks must be a kid thing. evelyn does the same thing. cracks me up!)
Cynthia~ Thank you! I didn't have the camera on me at first and I had to run and get it. You just can't plan moments like this. :)
Karen~ Those pralines were gone a long time ago! LOL But since we made them, it seems like a lot of people would've liked some, so it gives me some ideas for the future. ;)
Praise God for the great news on Gregory! Still laughing about the stone rabbit- LOL... too funny! And, although it is not on the heart diet, I do make exceptions on test recipes (i.e. pralines), so just let me know if you need a tester. Again, so good to hear that Gregory did well on the eval :)
Thanks, Katie :) I didn't realize you like pralines... hey, they have nuts and nuts are very healthy! :P In my opinion, pralines are easier to make when you have help (it's easier to add ingredients with an extra hand since "constant" stirring is required). Maybe we can make some together- I'd love to make them again (or another recipe!) :)
Yeah Gregory!!! Those desserts are making me hungry! :)
Post a Comment