Friday, December 15, 2006

Miracle Dip

When I found out my brother and SIL were going to be visiting last night, I decided I would make chocolate fondue. I love fondue... sweet or savory. So off I went to the grocery store yesterday to find my dippers. First stop was the strawberries- of course! While examining crates of berries, I started a conversation with another lady who was also examining the berries. Which, by the way, there were no perfect berries to be found. But that didn't stop my berry-buddy. She quickly commented, "well, who cares what the berries look like so long as the dip is great!" That led into a conversation about what we would be using our berries for. When I mentioned my fondue, she said, "Oh, honey no!" "Have you ever had the cream cheese dip?" I was pretty certain that I hadn't and she went ahead and shared the recipe with me. I decided to make it out of curiosity and we all enjoyed it very much with our fresh fruit (bananas, pineapple, and apples... no strawberries). So here's the recipe... enjoy!

1 8 oz. package cream cheese (softened)
1 small jar marshmallow cream
~Mix well with a mixer, chill, serve with fruit

No comments: