My very first friend in life got married this weekend, her theme was a garden wedding and we sang the hymn "Something Beautiful." It was a beautiful day indeed and she looked like an absolute princess. My gift to her was to make her wedding cake and cupcakes for the kids. I was really nervous because 1. I had never made an official wedding cake... from scratch and all (the cake to the left of my blog was a finale cake for my decorating classes and the instructor helped me to assemble it) 2. I hadn't decorated any cakes in 8 months 3. It's a really big deal to be intrusted with such an important thing.
I can't lie, I stressed... cried... and got a severe headache the day of the wedding from stressing over it. There are definitely some things that could've been better, but overall, I was happy that it turned out so well and honestly... that it didn't collapse! All in all, I couldn't have done it all without my parents' help. My parents ended up coming over Friday (not in the original plan) and helped wash dishes, do other things around the house, my dad cut some dowl rods to support the cake layers, and my mom was my sous chef for the day. I did get compliments and overheard some during the reception, which allowed me to let out a sigh of relief.

8 comments:
looks like you did an awesome job!
I am so impressed! It looks really good!
Thanks chicas! :)
Those cakes look amazing! Do you do mail order to Wales?
I wish! These poor cakes barely made it on a 45 min. car trip.
Fantastic - that's amazing!
What talent! I had no idea you were such a gifted artist!
Beautiful!! You had nothing to worry about.
Post a Comment