Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Gag Me With A Spoon!

So I'm about to prepare dinner and I go to the sink to wash my hands. As I reach for the soap, I look into the sink and this is what I see...
A freakin' House Gecko! Now, I'm not easily grossed-out by these little things. In fact, when I lived with my parents and my mom would find one, she'd holler for me to come get it and put it outside.

But this is like the 6th one I've found in this house! I think I reached my threashold for stomaching these things when I picked one up and it left it's tail behind (I think that was #4). As if that wasn't enough, I had to go back and pick up the tail- sick.

I just saw one last night on our bedroom wall before I went to bed. I tried to catch it, but the booger got away from me. So I spent the night wondering if I'd step on it on the way to the bathroom. I'm wondering right now if this is the same gecko that I spotted last night. Nevertheless, I'm done... ready for colder weather... ready for these critters to leave my house alone- they are not welcome here!

1 comment:

Coffman Family said...

Yuck, yuck, yuck!! I hate geckos too! You are brave, I have to get at least two paper towels all balled up before I even go to capture one!