This weekend was great and much needed. Wes took leave so we could go to friend's wedding in San Antonio and we decided to use that time as our babymoon too. We went to the Alamo, explored the river walk, and ate entirely too much. The weather was nice, but with my hormones out of control, I was sweating all over. I felt so out of shape having to stop at the top of bridges and stairs, but Wes was really patient and let me set the pace for our trip.
The wedding was lots of fun and my husband, who is normally very reserved, let his hair down. He asked the DJ to play this Indian pop song (I think it's Indian), because he wanted to DANCE to it. I was so embarrassed and since we were staying in the same hotel as the reception, I asked for the keys to the room. But I wasn't planning to leave until it came on, which thankfully his request was the 2nd to the last song played. So the song finally comes on and I'm embarrassed, but I couldn't leave, I felt like I needed to be the supportive wife. Surprisingly, before Wes could even get to the dance floor, another dude gets up and starts dancing! Wes joins in and people start egging them on and 5 other guys join! I'm not even kidding. If you want to know what my husband was dancing like, I've posted the video/song below and pretty much he did the same moves that this guy does in the video... so rediculous. Anyway, it was like one of those movies where one person starts dancing and everyone copies them and you think, "yeah, right!" Only, this really happened... and it was my husband!
In the end I was glad he did it. The embarrassment had vanished and I couldn't help but laugh and be proud of him for allowing himself to be vulnerable and show the silly side of him that few people ever get to experience.

1 comment:
that is so funny!! i would love to see a repeat!
Post a Comment