I've been wanting to make pesto for a while, but I wanted a food processor and then I decided that I wanted to make it with my own basil. Since my thumb is the furthest thing from any shade of green, I am thrilled that my mom gave me some planted herbs as a house warming gift. So I watered, watched, and waited... which I'm not very good at waiting, so that in itself was a small feat. Finally, this week, the basil looked like it had grown enough for my recipe... or so I hoped. Needless to say, the process of making the pesto is actually very easy and the end result is tasty and it leaves you proud to know you did it all by yourself. :)

2 comments:
yum! rob loves pesto, you'll have to give me the recipe!
All those nasty caterpillars ate my basil....but I'm glad you're enjoying your birthday present kitchen thingie!
Post a Comment