The only thing I needed to get done was dinner and well, these days, if dinner is going to be made I have to start early during the day while he's napping. So I knew no dinner would be made. It was then that I decided to pick something up for dinner... Bar-B-Que! Once Gregory was down for his nap, I left him with grandma and grandpa and made my way down to my hometown, Angleton. That's where the absolute best Bar-B-Que is, Bo's! I grew up on this stuff, crave it regularly, and the sauce is so good I could drink it (I have eaten it by the spoonful).
I also did a drive-by to our old house, the one we moved into when I was 5 and lived in til I went off to college (and then still off and on after that). You see, my parents found some people to move into/rent it two days before Gregory was born- I never got to say my good-byes. While I was driving up to the house, I got really nervous. I wondered if the residents would get upset seeing someone driving by really slowly and taking a picture of the place, so then I sped off. Later, I told my mom about it and she said, "oh yeah, they said if you and your brother ever want to go back, y'all are welcome!" Don't I feel silly. I do love that the "Give Blood" sticker I put on my window when I was in elementary school, is still there! Look closely at the arched window... see that little white sticker on the glass? :)
I'm feeling much better now. Wes got off of work early on Saturday, he was home by 2:00. It was nice to have some family time together.

1 comment:
I can't believe you drove - what 45 min.?! - to go get Bar-B-Que!! I love it! Honestly, I would probably do the same thing...
Post a Comment