Sunday, August 20, 2006

Spri...er... Summer Cleaning

Today has been a good day... I got a lot of cleaning done. You wouldn't say that my place is immaculate. I'm the person with the pile of bills/magazines and the only pets I have are dust bunnies. I clean this-n-that day to day, but to have a big cleaning day- that isn't so frequent. I think mostly because that means I have to do my floors. The thought of doing floors turns this grown woman into a whining teenager. Once I start though, it's not bad at all. It's actually a little relaxing and I feel good about myself and I love the way the tile feels against my bare feet.

My other proud moment was when I ironed a pile of laundry. That's another thing I'm not good about. I'm good about ironing, just not piles at a time. I'm more the iron as needed kinda gal. But I start subbing this week. At least I think I do. I have orientation and I'm assuming we get to start after that. So I grabbed as much clothes as I thought I'd need this week and got to pressin'. It's a thing of beauty looking at all those clothes pressed and hangin' together. Daddy would be proud.

I'm also making some brownies for my hubby. He loves brownies, so brownies he gets! :) I sent him some chocolate chip cookies a couple of weeks ago and I was surprised when he said none of the chocolate melted, which gives me hope for these treats. I hope you enjoy them, hubby! ...do you mind if I sneak one? hehe...

No comments: