Thursday, August 24, 2006

Leave The Hoover At Home

I have to share this story with you. Just the other day I was wishing for a good hard laugh... well, I got it.

I won't name names here, but the other day I was with a group of people and a couple of us had brought some food to share. We also watched a movie and in the middle of the movie, one of the ladies gets up and serves herself some food and comes back and sits next to me.

As she begins to eat, I hear her smacking and thought maybe she had a big bite and it would stop... it didn't. The smacking sounded loud and frankly pretty gross. I was sure that I was the only one that probably heard it... that was until one of my friends called later that afternoon to get my take on the whole deal. My friend was sitting on the other side of the room and hearing people chew is a big pet peeve of hers. Well, if that were all, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal... but it gets better...

When she finally finishes the food, I hear this suctioning noise. I would compare it to the sound that is made when you use your vaccuum attachment... *phhh-t...phhh-t* This lady started sucking crumbs off of her hand in the same manner you would use a vaccuum attachment... It gets even better... and this I had to verify with my friend because I was sitting right next to this person, I couldn't exactly look directly at her... but my friend did say that she did in fact do the same thing to her shirt and skirt!!! What the heck!?!

The suctioning went on for a while and it was a huge distraction... I can't even tell you what was happening in the movie. My friend and I agree, why didn't she just brush the crumbs off of her? For me, the bigger question is, how could sucking crumbs off of your hand and clothes in front of 15 people seem like a good idea?

1 comment:

RachelRenae said...

OOOh I HATE when people smack their food. Especially the gum-smacky noise... justthinking about it wears on my nerves!!