Sunday, September 03, 2006

Giddy Up

I went horse-back riding yesterday and I had a blast! I hadn't been in about 5 years and it was completely unplanned. A friend called to see if I was interested in going and I was definitely up for something fun and different.

We got there and it was hard to walk to the stables because there was poop everywhere. I probably looked like I was playing hop-scotch or something trying to weave myself through the turd without getting any lodged in the soles of my shoes.

My horse was named, Muncher. I thought it was really funny and appropriate for me because, well... I like to munch too. And Muncher did munch the whole way. Muncher also likes to scratch, so the entire hour you'd hear people on the trail yelling, "No, Muncher- No!" as she ate, scratched, and held up the rest of the group.

Towards the end of our ride, the tour guide turned around and warned me about a tree we were coming to. He said that Muncher likes to go INTO the tree and scratch. He said, "be prepared to pull her reigns hard to the left and put your right heel into her side... hard!" I didn't think I could bring myself to do that, but let me tell you, when that horse started backing me into the branches and I thought I was going to fall off... that horse got some heel! I could hear everyone yelling again, "No Muncher- NO!" I got out fine and the trail guide said I handled her well. He said she usually gets in deeper, I must have really had some adrenaline rush there.

My abs are really sore today, I don't remember my abs being this sore the last time I rode. For $15 dollars I got adventure, entertainment, relaxation, some laughs, and a good workout- Thanks Muncher!

No comments: