Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A Success Story

I got some really awesome news today. A former student of mine that had moved out from deaf ed., has now been successful enough in mainstream classes that he is now a high school helper in deaf ed. That is major!

To break it down, this student's parents were told when he was little, that he had mental retardation. After being put in our program for 2 years, he improved so much that I recommended that he move to his home campus with mainstream children. From there, he's been successful enough that he is in a co-op program with his high school, for students that are interested in possibly becoming teachers in the future! When I got that news, I was ecstatic for him and his parents. I know they are so proud (as am I) and it was another moment where I felt like I did something right. Go on with your bad self, "D"!!!

No comments: