So I'm on day 2 of my caffeine free attempt and it's going surprisingly well. I'm also trying to cut down on my sugar intake, I'm not sure that was a wise thing to do- cut down on caffeine and sugar in one sweep. I did cave a little yesterday and today. I had one root beer yesterday and one ginger ale... neither have caffeine, but both have sugar!
Although I haven't had any headaches or shaky hands, I have found myself missing it. I really enjoy the bubbly, sweet, carbonated drinks and I hadn't realized how much I'd become accustomed to having something sweet in the afternoon... even if it was something as small as a mint! This is hard... I love cokes, sweet tea, and at this point, I'm not even allowing myself juice... look at how much sugar those have.
I went to the mall this afternoon and wanted a snack... let's face it, there's nothing healthy at the mall. I'm even weary of getting a smoothie there. I'm finding this is more a struggle of self-discipline than physcical reactions like I thought it would be.
I'm gonna go squeeze some lemon in my water now...

No comments:
Post a Comment