I've been doing pretty well with staying away from the caffeine. I will admit that I still have a Coke on occasion, but it's like once or twice a week- tops, instead of 1-2 a day. I think my skin looks clearer and my lips aren't constantly chapped like they had been. Plus, and this is huge, I'm sleeping tons better. Kudos to hubby for making the suggestion. Oh and this is also big, I lost 2 pounds this week!!! I'm now at a weight I haven't seen in over a year! Not a huge loss, but I'll take what I can get.
Today, I went and bought some Apple Cider Vinegar. My mom has been telling me of it's virtues for years, but in college, it seemed so far out of my budget. When I bought it today for $2.99, I thought, "was I really that poor or was it more expensive than it is now?" Anyway, It's supposedly good for cleansing, plus a ton more stuff. I don't know if you're supposed to be able to drink it warm or not, but I had it with some chamomile tea, honey, and stevia... not too shabby. I'll let you know if there are any more changes on the scale. Let's raise a glass to ACV!

2 comments:
I am going to try the apple cider vinegar! had no idea of its health benefits, other than its use for dying easter eggs. another good substitute for caffiene is ginger tea. It is really good after meals and before bed — it is a very cozy beverage.
happy monday!
Mmmm... ginger... I love ginger, I'll have to try that tea. Thanks, Aimee!
Post a Comment