Our apartment complex seems to be a little quirky, as far as apartment complexes go. It's filled with interesting characters and one of them happens to be our elusive-nocturnal-neighbor. We've seen most of our neighbors, but not the one that lives directly above us. During the day it's as quiet as can be and fine... everything is fine. But at night the apartment suddenly comes alive and it's loud... really loud. And it's not normal hours either. Like hours you'd expect from someone coming home in the evening... no, it'll start around 10:30pm and lasts until 2:30-4:30am! I have a hard time sleeping as it is, but with their noises I suddenly find myself trying to figure out what they are doing and making up stories in my head to fit the sounds.
Sometimes it sounds like they are building furniture. That makes sense... of course, they have a woodshop in a one bedroom apartment. Then sometimes it sounds like they're dragging something heavy around, which makes me think of all kinds of CSI episodes... we won't go there. They also like to run up and down the stair well as if they're trying to get in their cardio for the day. Even then, I've looked out the peep hole and I still don't see them. But I'm nonconfrontational, so I don't say anything, I just imagine away.
Lately though, our complex has been undergoing construction work. Roofers have been here for the past week and a half banging away. And although it's loud, I can deal with it because it's during the day. One thing I have realized though is that since the roofers have been here banging by day, our neighbor has not made a peep by night. Maybe they've moved??? I don't know but I'm enjoying my nights much more.

1 comment:
This is one of your funniest posts!! I get the same way, imagining all sorts of wild scenarios.
I'm glad I'm a third floor dweller!
Post a Comment