We've all seen the Pantene commercials with the girls that have long glossy hair. Their hair is envious- Pantene knows it and uses it to draw women to their product. I first used their shampoo when I was in high school and hadn't used it sense. Why? Because I have naturally oily hair. By the end of the day, you'd think I hadn't washed my hair at all... and that's with a good shampoo. But in fact, I wash-rinse-and-repeat everyday. With Pantene, it only seemed to exacerbate the problem... sad but true. So it's 14 years later and Pantene has now come out with "midnight expressions," meant to enhance black hair. I saw the commercial and it piqued my interest. I figured they've had time to tweek any problems and the product has to have improved. So I went out and bought a bottle... sucker. Well, this is the second day I've used it and as you can see from the picture above, I still don't have "Pantene hair." No, I'm not expecting to sprout long hair, but mine now looks pretty flat and frankly a little greasy. This is not good. I should just stick to what I know works best for me, Aussie... it's awesome!

5 comments:
I've got oily hair too, but it's super curly so I can usually go 3 or 4 days without washing it (I just get it wet). Oil travels down a straight hair shaft much faster than a spiral shaped one.
If you use straightening products or gloss products they'll make your hair grease up lots faster. Those kinds of products usually have a lot of oil in them.
But I think your haircut is really cute!
Thanks, RR! I know what you mean about the difference between curly and straight. During my perm days, my hair was still oily, but it stayed closer to the roots. Right now I don't use any styling product. I use shampoo, conditioner, and a round brush.
BTW... I'm going to need a really cute hair cut about mid-April. Are you interested in flying to South Carolina? J/K... I do need a really good stylist though and don't know who to trust.
Hay your hair is a great colour and I agree with RR it's a real cute hair cut! My hair is really straight and perms have never held ( they drop out after a month or go frizzy!) but I verge on dry rather than oily but then I guess I'm an oldie compared to you two!
Thanks, Beth! I guess none of us are ever completely satisfied with our hair 100% of the time. Maybe that what perpetuates "trends."
lol! I'll be out there the second weekend in June, though! Stephen's family is in Charleston and Columbia.
Post a Comment