Thursday, April 05, 2007

Restless

I've been waking up earlier and earlier in the mornings and going for walks. I'm really proud of myself because it's really easy to roll over and ignore the clock and the sun rays beaming through the blinds. Yesterday was absolutely beautiful. It was a little overcast and every once and a while I could feel a drop of rain on my face or hair. It was just enough to be pleasant and not enough to stop me from walking. Then as I was finishing, the sun started to come out from behind the clouds, absolutely magnificent.

This morning I thought I'd take a break since my knees were hurting yesterday before I even went walking. So I slept about an hour longer thinking I would really enjoy this extra time in bed. Instead I was cold and didn't really feel like I needed that extra rest. Now I'm feeling restless. That's a good sign, that usually means my body is getting used to whatever new habit I'm trying to force on it. So tomorrow, I'll get up early again and enjoy my walk. I hear it's supposed to get cold, hopefully it won't be too cold.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Happy Easter!

RachelRenae said...

Way to go! I'm going to start contemplating thinking about trying to start walking in the mornings.

Melissa said...

I am not a morning person, so it's hard for me to get my butt up, but once I'm up I really enjoy the morning air.