Thursday, April 19, 2007

It's Not Perfect, But It's Made With Love

I just finished the tote bag below and I'm happy that it turned out decently. I made one earlier this week and most of it looked good, except that I couldn't get over that I sewed the seams on the OUTSIDE of the tote bag... yeah, I'm smart like that.

I made this bag hoping that if it turned out alright, I could send it to my mom for Mother's Day. And thankfully, I think she'll like it. I had originally picked out a different fabric that I think is more fun, but wasn't 100% sure of how my mom would feel about it. I know she'd like the colors, but the combination of the colors and the design... well, I don't know. I figured this design was safer and more fitting of the mom-type (at least one in their 50's). I posted the pictures out of order on accident and I'm too tired to fix it- sorry.

This is the fabulous book that I'm learning from. It really is fast and easy!
Check it out: Sew Fast Sew Easy by Elissa K. Meyrich
Look at the pretty pocket! I think it gives it more of the "finished" look. :)

I had to lean it against the sewing machine, it doesn't stand alone.


So far, so good!



6 comments:

RachelRenae said...

It's great! I DO like the other fabric better, though.

I once made a shirt and sewed the arm shut. I'm smart like that, too. :)

Beth said...

That's really impressive...when are you starting a internet, mail order?

Melissa said...

I just got off the phone with my web designer, my business should be up and running soon! ;) LOL

Unknown said...

It is really pretty. You should try the needlepunch in the book. It will make it softer but it will stand better with the lighter weight fabric that you used.

Here is the link: http://www.sewfastseweasy.com/items/sku/20101

Melissa said...

Cool! I tried to hunt down the stuff and settled for something else that sounded very similar to it. I don't think I saw anything at the store that looks like the needle punch on the website.

Jen said...

any chance I can borrow your pattern?