Thursday, April 12, 2007

Mmmm... Frito Pie

I get homesick probably once a week since we moved here. I keep in touch with friends and family and I try to make it feel like home by having familiar foods. One of the simple foods that Wes and I love is Frito Pie, but they don't have Wolf Brand Chili here and that's my favorite canned chili. So I've tried to make it with Hormel, but it's not the same. Hormel doesn't taste bad, but it doesn't have a lot of flavor. So I asked my mom if she'd send us some Wolf and being the awesome mom that she is, she sent us 4 cans!!! Thanks to her, we were able to enjoy this simple yet nostalgic dinner last night... muchisimas gracias, mom!

I promise, there are Fritos in there
"Neighbor, how long has it been since you've had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili? Well, that's too long."


2 comments:

RachelRenae said...

Holy Cow. That looks delicious!!

Melissa said...

It really is. Do y'all make these in Colorado?