Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Little Things That Put A Smile On My Face

1. The realization that I have now survived for over a month without a microwave. This is such a big deal because pre-marriage, I was the queen of Lean Cuisine! That or I'd empty the contents from a can and pop it in the microwave or if I really had the time, I'd put it in a pot. It's also a big deal because my mom reminds me from time to time that when our first microwave broke, I freaked out and wondered how we'd heat stuff up. So sad. But at least I'm no longer culinary-impaired.

2. I filled my gas tank up over a month ago and I just recently hit 1/2 a tank! Normally, I would fill up every week or week and a half. So instead of trying to keep my gas within budget, I'm way under budget and able to use that money for other stuff... fun stuff like gifts and not so fun stuff, like groceries. But hey, I'm happy either way.

3. Besides the usual Valentine's Day gifts (which my husband did give me some of those), my husband bought me 3 books on house buying and selling! I have so much research I get to do now and I love going into this not being as ignorant about the process as I was before. Yay!

2 comments:

RachelRenae said...

1. Microwaves freak me out. I know they aren't supposed to put out enough radiation to be harmful, but I just can't help wondering about our ghetto microwave. So bonus, no microwave-induced cancer for you!

2. Isn't it exciting that gas is getting cheaper and cheaper? I've been filling my tank once or twice a month lately (though I don't drive that much). It's very satisfying.

3. I'm so excited for your house-buying!! It's nice that Wes is encouraging your passion by buying you books about it. He's a nice husband. :)

Melissa said...

I didn't really think about microwave-induced cancer... huh. I was thinking I'm probably healthier in the sense that I'm not eating those frozen foods loaded with sodium, preservatives, and other mysterious chemicals.