Friday, February 16, 2007

I Love The 80's

I love the 80's just as much as anybody else that grew up during that time. I love the music, hair, having 3 Swatch watches on your wrist... all of it. While I might not continue to live in that era, I giggle when I see people who do.

Last night, Wes and I went to a restaurant in town for dinner. I forget that this place plays nothing but 80's music, it's awesome! Right in the middle of, "All I Need Is A Miracle..." I look up and see them... The 80's Couple. So much in love, so much still in the 80's. Him with his Tom Selleck facial hair and big glasses and she with her big hair with tight curls and red-shoulder pad-stuffed-blazer... I was like she just stepped out of the movie, "Working Girls" and into 2007... Yes! It truely made my evening.

4 comments:

RachelRenae said...

Classic!! Love it.

We're playing a bunch of 80's music at our reception, including some madonna. We searched iTunes for hours trying to find one of her songs, but couldn't becaquse I was remembering the wrong lyrics.

Melissa said...

Ha ha- awesome! How is your song list coming?

I love it when I sing the wrong lyrics in the car and then I'm corrected by whomever I'm riding with... that's a good feeling!

Beth said...

Maybe it's because I'm one of those oldies who lived their teenage years through it but some I love and some I grindge and run from! (I was 12/13? maybe when Madonna released "Like a Virgin" and I remember asking my mum what a virgin was as I walked round the kitchen singing it only to be wacked by a spatula and sent to my room!) Not good!

Melissa said...

Ha ha! I love it. This is my "Like a Virgin" story. I was in 4th or 5th grade and we (my brother and I) were not allowed to listen to secular music- so I was oblivious to the song.

One day at recess, this girl went up to other little girls asking if they are virgins (and I they obviously didn't know what that word meant either) and they said, "No!" So she'd walk off laughing and teasing. So when she asked me, I figured that whatever it was, I should say "yes" and did.

Then I went home and asked my mom what it meant. She did tell me and I'm sure she was even more positive she'd made the right decision about the no-secular-music rule.