Monday, April 03, 2006

Thank you to all of the Mr. Americas and 80's Ladies out there

When I got married last April, I moved from the Houston area to central Texas. So needless to say, I had to change gyms. The gym is nice and all, but someting was missing and I couldn't put my finger on it... then it hit me. You see, in the past, I had these great characters to watch at my other gyms. Maybe because I was in the big city and there were more quirky people out there. But I never realized just how much I missed Mr. America, with his American-flag pants... matching shirt, and scarf wrapped around his head. This is what he wore every time I saw him. Then there was the Italian Stallion. He had the tank top with tufts of chest hair coming out... only to be out-done by the big, gold crucifix hanging around his neck. ...and who could forget the mother-daughter-duo that showed up with their perfectly coifed hair, full jewelry, and pressed makeup... they were fresh face to the world- easy, breezy, beautiful... you get the picture. These great people were half my motivation for going to the gym. My friend and I would talk about how the gym was like happy-hour. So many people there to make an impression... and leave an impression they did.

My new gym has no one that stands out. Is it because it's a military town? Sure, there are t.v.s and music to get your attention, but it's just not the same. Then today, just as I was about to give up all hope, I opened the door and there before me was a dream come true. "80's Lady!" She had the hot pink tights and bright yellow work-out top that was cut strategically around the shoulders so that one side would hug the shoulder and the other side would fall off... YES! That my friend, made me very happy. It doesn't take much does it?

It was a good work out. I did the elliptical machine for 60 min. and it said I burned 724 calories. How accurate do you think that is? Don't get me wrong, I'm satisfied, but I always wonder how precise those numbers could possibly be. Tomorrow is Pilates/Yoga and more elliptical. Why can't I be skinny already?

No comments: